Counselling, Psychotherapy, EMDR Trauma therapy and Supervision in North Devon by a qualified counsellor and supervisor.Do you feel like everything is getting on top of you?
Do you feel alone with your problem?
Would you like to restore balance to your life?
Could you benefit from a safe place to take some time-out?
... to explore your thoughts and feelings
... to be in control and move forward with your life
About MeI am an experienced, accredited counsellor and EMDR Trauma specialist and have been practising in Barnstaple and Ilfracombe, North Devon for 9 years. I am committed to providing professional counselling and psychotherapy in a safe, supportive, confidential and non-judgemental environment, guided by my professional membership of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am also a member of EMDR Europe.
"When we accept our stuckness
our lives begin to shift."
I have over 20 years experience in "Education", supporting people with their every day work/relationship issues and finding appropriate solutions. I am a counsellor and co-ordinator (managing a team of counsellors) with the "Young Devon" charity in North Devon, supporting 12-25 year olds by working on relationship issues, depression, self-harming and self-esteem, abuse, and a variety of other issues.
I am a Barnardo's registered - approved adoption counsellor.
I am also qualified as a counselling supervisor.
I offer counselling students therapy/supervision at a reduced rate.
I work on an open-ended basis or agreed time period, with the aim of enabling clients to live their lives more positively and fully.
Where I Can HelpI am experienced in helping clients who have difficulties with:
- Trauma and PTSD/Phobias and Addictions (EMDR : WHO endorsed)
- Adoption and related issues
- How human beings function (inner child work/childhood & relationship patterns)
- Bereavement and Loss
- Negative thinking resulting in low self esteem/confidence (CBT-NICE endorsed)
- Adolescence (and the difficulties that brings)
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Depression (Mindfulness based cognitive therapy-NICE endorsed)
- Other general life issues/decision making (achieving personal goals)