Counselling, Psychotherapy and EMDR Trauma therapy in North Devon by a qualified counsellor/psychotherapist.Do you feel like everything is getting on top of you?
Do you feel alone with your problem?
Would you like to restore balance to your life?
Could you benefit from a safe place to take some time-out?
... to explore your thoughts and feelings
... to be in control and move forward with your life
About MeI am an experienced, accredited counsellor and EMDR Trauma specialist and have been practising in Barnstaple and Ilfracombe, North Devon for 10 years. I am committed to providing professional counselling and psychotherapy in a safe, supportive, confidential and non-judgemental environment, guided by my professional membership of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (Accredited). I am also a member of EMDR Europe and British Association of Behavioural Cognitive Psychotherapists (Accredited).
"When we accept our stuckness
our lives begin to shift."
I have over 20 years experience in educational environments, supporting people with their every day work/relationship issues and finding appropriate solutions. I have been working with adults, children and young people over the past 10 years on relationship issues, depression, self-harming and self-esteem, abuse, and a variety of other issues.
I am a Barnardo's registered - approved adoption counsellor.
I am also qualified as a counselling supervisor.
I work on an open-ended basis or agreed time period, with the aim of enabling clients to live their lives more positively and fully.
Where I Can HelpI am experienced in helping clients who have difficulties with:
- Trauma and PTSD/Phobias and Addictions (EMDR : WHO endorsed)
- Adoption and related issues
- How human beings function (inner child work/childhood & relationship patterns)
- Bereavement and Loss
- Negative thinking resulting in low self esteem/confidence (CBT-NICE endorsed)
- Adolescence (and the difficulties that brings)
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Depression (CBT and Mindfulness based cognitive therapy-NICE endorsed)
- Eating disorders
- Other general life issues/decision making (achieving personal goals)